Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Eye of the Idol has been reviewed...


A well known review site has reviewed my new book, Eye of the Idol, and I'm the author of the week.
Here's the review (but you can also read my author interview on her site here)


Our review of 'Eye of the Idol'

In Eye of the Idol, Paul Dayton has crafted highly memorable work with three-dimensional characters. Each new character introduced to the reader have their own set of worries, complexities and characteristics so believable it seems as if they could be standing right before you.



Before I was even through the first chapter, I already knew this book was a winner. Immediately attention grabbing and intense, Eye of the Idol seizes the reader’s attention and refuses to let go.



With his excellent use of descriptions, Mr. Dayton pulls you into the setting of the book seamlessly. He has an amazing talent for transporting the reader well into the past and back to the present in one fluid motion. The writer opens a portal to yesterday so intriguing, that one cannot help but step through willingly.



The first character introduced in the book stirred raw emotion within this reviewer. Even through the remainder of the book I carried his burden with me as if it were my own. The reader feels as if he is a long-lost friend.



With a complex, well designed plot and fast paced storyline, this book left me positioned at the edge of my seat in anticipation of what would happen next. A subtle, yet warming amount of humor graces the pages of Mr. Dayton’s book, making it a joy to read.



As the past and the present begin to form ever more solid ties to one another, the plot thickens and the reader is left breathless with suspense, wondering what will happen on the next page.



As multiple scenarios begin to build in the reader’s mind of what the conclusion of this work might bring, Mr. Dayton once again surprises the reader with his fantastic ending. Try as I might, I couldn’t guess what was in store for me; which made me love this book even more.



I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fast-paced, quality read. For this reviewer, Paul Dayton’s Eye of the Idol has earned five well-deserved stars. I look forward to reading further works by this remarkable author.

If you'd like to know where you can buy my new book, or my just released non fiction "Dying of the American Dream, a realist's guide to a happy retirement" click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment